Stunning end to the Golf season

The discussion forum for both the men's and women's Vanderbilt golf teams.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DS2001
Rear Admiral

Stunning end to the Golf season

Post by DS2001 »

After a promising regular season, this group really struggled during tourney time: Coach Limbaugh couldn’t work his motivational magic this year. Our golf program is much better than before he became the head coach, but his former school, Alabama seems to continue to be a notch above us.

Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Re: Stunning end to the Golf season

Post by Commodoredave »

They had a bad day on the greens, it happens. Alabama has been an elite program for awhile not, although we finished above them the last two years.
My feelings on Limbaugh are the same as I had for Corbin five years ago and Macdonald a decade ago. If they keep doing what they do, a national title will come.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

This collapse falls into the "ironic" category for me.

For several years we were at the top of the leaderboard for the overall rounds - and got slotted high for the team v. team competition : and we collapsed in the team v. team.

It really does not matter if you finish 1 or 8 - so long as you make the top 8. Being great on day 4 is no better than being very good on day 4.

This particular day 4 - we were not good at all and we missed the key team v. team competition by a stroke.

It was a very bad day. It does happen. It is a shame - because we were definitely good enough to win this.
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Alabama is back in the final match today against Oklahoma State. I don`t know. I guess for some reason, I thought we might have closed the gap between us and Alabama a little more than we have so far. They have a great program whereas we have a really good program.
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Well, Bama got rolled in that championship match. Too much of a home course advantage for the Cowboys. That was bordering on a Ryder Cup crowd.
Locked Previous topicNext topic