Luke List

The discussion forum for both the men's and women's Vanderbilt golf teams.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Luke List

Post by Titans309fan »

darthvaderbilt wrote:why did Sneds not play the 4th round of the Houston Open?
He missed the 54 hole cut. Tournaments where more than 78 players make the 36 hole cut have a 54 hole cut. Those players have a MDF by their name.

Unfortunately, Snedeker failed to qualify for the a Masters because of it.

fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

Disappointing end for List in Hilton Head but another big payday. And add a top 5 finish. I didnt realize how well he has been playing over the last year and a half.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

It's frustrating to see List so close to winning his first PGA event, but then he messes up on Sunday when the pressure is on. 37 golfers shot better than him on Sunday, and he still finished one stroke off for a tie for third.

I just hope he is learning from these close calls. You just can't have five bogeys when in contention.

As for Snedeker, he might win another PGA tournament eventor two in his career, but he likely will never win a major. The younger golfers are just too good now. (I don't see Tiger ever winning a major again either).
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

The great thing about golf is you dont actually have to win. I'm sure he is bummed but its another successful weekend for him. Made a bunch of money. Near top 10 in FedEx points so far. Near the top 10 in earnings so far. Doesnt have to worry about fighting down the stretch to keep his tour card for next year. Dude has it made!
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
lippy
Chief

Post by lippy »

fldore wrote:The great thing about golf is you dont actually have to win. I'm sure he is bummed but its another successful weekend for him. Made a bunch of money. Near top 10 in FedEx points so far. Near the top 10 in earnings so far. Doesnt have to worry about fighting down the stretch to keep his tour card for next year. Dude has it made!
Yeah, I was thinking kind of the same thing. I watch a lot of golf, and being a great and succesful golfer doesn't mean winning half the tournaments you play. I think a guy that's making cuts and staying in the top, I don't know, 100 or so, basically staying on the tour year after year can declare victory. I mean yes, he's prolly going to need a win eventually to keep it going, but I think Luke's doing great.
Locked Previous topicNext topic