Search found 88 matches

Return

by MemorialMagic
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Calipari officially named to staff as Director of On-Court Player Development

Ring. Ring. Dad: Hello? Son: Hey Dad. How's it going? Dad: Good son. How about for you? Son: Good. I have a question for you. Who are some of the best players out there that you all actually aren't going to recruit? And could you shoot me an intro? Dad: Hmmmm. Sure son. Let me talk to my people. I'l...
by commadore
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Officiating at last year's Vandy-UT game

Maybe he'd like to talk about the atrocity at the end of the Florida game, too. Watched that game again yesterday. Got mad all over. Showed it to my wife who asked two questions: 1. Why did they stop the clock with 2 seconds left when the guy was tackled without getting a first down and without goi...
by Johnmn555
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe he'd like to talk about the atrocity at the end of the Florida game, too. Watched that game again yesterday. Got mad all over. Showed it to my wife who asked two questions: 1. Why did they stop the clock with 2 seconds left when the guy was tackled without getting a first down and without goi...
by MountainDore
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:54 am Maybe he'd like to talk about the atrocity at the end of the Florida game, too.
I saw “atrocity at the end of the Florida game” and immediately thought you were talking about Earl Bennett. Still pissed.
by KenStone23
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

i found the website of the construction company, Barton Malow, who are overseeing the Vandy United project. they have a very informative page with links that detail the progress of the project thus far. main page: https://www.bartonmalow.com/projects/vanderbilt-master-athletics-plan/ 360 drone cam +...
by FayetteDore
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy gets 8 votes to win the East, and 5 to win the SEC

Paul Finebaum said this on a radio interview Monday about the people who voted for Vandy to win the conference... “I appreciate what Media Days is,” he said. “But when I see that, Cole, I really begin to wonder about people’s right to vote, and I know that sounds crazy because I’ve always been a bi...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The battle for starting placekicker could get interesting

Vandy lost Joseph Bulovas from last year's team, who was a bit streaky with his field goals. Like the team, he started out strong in 2022, but like the team, as the competition got tougher, he lost his cool and went on a streak of misses. As I count them, there are FIVE placekickers on the roster. T...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tennessean: Five Vanderbilt football breakout candidates for 2023

Aria also wrote this piece about Vanderbilt's commitment to playing at FirstBank in 2023 despite the construction hubbub... "It was really important for us if at all feasible, to compete in our venues while we're under construction," [AD Candice] Lee said Monday. "I think number one, ...
by Go Vandy!
Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii intel?

mtnvandy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:18 amHow did I forget Todd Grantham was a Bow?
Never have I disliked any coach in any sport more than this Todd
#MtnVandy
When Franklin AND Mason both go after another coach, there's a reason.
by vandy05
Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAY OT: Memphis & Big 12 redux

Three leagues with 20 teams each is going to leave some current Power 5 teams out, and I think that is a reality and we could ultimately be at risk. There are currently 69 Power 5 teams. I've always thought that four conferences of 16 teams makes sense. Oddly enough I always thought it would be the ...
by FayetteDore
Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Burning Question- Will we have a Scoreboard by August 26?

I check in on the construction cams pretty often. I confident VU has a plan -- for scoreboards and the rest -- but with less than 3 weeks to go, it's like wow!?! Also looks like game attendees won't be going from one side of the stadium to the other, unless they put up some kind of temporary constru...
by ChattaDore
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wake loses its best returning WR, out 3-5 months

9th. But I only “correct you” because it made me panic that my trip back from Newark that week would cause me to miss a Friday game.
by Podge91
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Notes from camp from Andrew Allegretta, Aug. 11

Every time I hear about one of our DL being "unblockable" in camp, I flash back to the Hatian Sensation himself, Libnir Telusca.

They said the same thing about him.
by Go Vandy!
Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Burning Question- Will we have a Scoreboard by August 26?

To put everyone's mind at ease, i have drawn several sets of numbers 0-9 on 1' x 2' sheets of cardboard. And i found a countdown clock on amazon (or ebay i forget) that's big enough to see 5-10 yards away. There won't be any animation, or instructions, or anything like that. But the basics are cover...
by abvandy
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Construction Cameras

Thanks Auric! Appreciate your contributions to the board.

CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!!
by abvandy
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Construction Cameras

Thanks again Auric!

CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!!
by FayetteDore
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some additional information about the stadium on game days

Thanks to Aria and Auric. Good info here, including some that was not included in the VU email/release. On a separate note, glad to see VU is demanding up to $215 per ticket (including $20 per ticket fee) for the Georgia game, which go on sale tomorrow. Presumably, VU fans have already secured ticke...
by historybill
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Story about VU alum who probably died in a Soviet gulag

Grew in in Nashville, graduated from East High School, did 2 years in the engineering school and then went off to war: https://www.williamsonherald.com/features/w_life/the-missing-pilot-and-the-old-pennies/article_fe0abe20-3dd6-11ee-a616-0f0eada8a7a2.html I'm posting it here because I don't think ei...
by FayetteDore
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

But hey, the advertising logos are being put up on the end zone padded walls! Trust the process, Auric. :cool: EDITED TO ADD: Wow, watching them assemble what I THINK will be the scoreboard like a jigsaw puzzle isn't quite as fun as tracking the plane in 2010, but interesting. Given how close we are...
by dore74
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A tradition unlike any other...the official VandyMania pick 'em is back!

Thanks for doing this AG, spices things up a bit over the season. Here goes nothing. 1. Hawaii at Vanderbilt, winner and final score. UH 34 VU 41 (Hawaii’s run and gun will be a big test for our secondsry 2. Total yards rushing for Vanderbilt 90 3. Total yards passing for Vanderbilt 333 4. Who will ...